Current:Home > MarketsCharles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Trailblazer Capital Learning
Charles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-06 07:18:23
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Charles H. Sloan which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (4661)
Related
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- Is it a hurricane or a tropical storm? Here’s a breakdown of extreme weather terms
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, I'm With You
- Ariana Grande Reacts to Brother Frankie Grande's Nose Job Selfie
- Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
- French vote gives leftists most seats over far right in pivotal elections, but leaves hung parliament and deadlock
- Review of prescribed fires finds gaps in key areas as US Forest Service looks to improve safety
- John Stamos' 6-year-old son Billy plays drums at Beach Boys concert
- Average rate on 30
- Were the murders of California teens the work of a serial killer?
Ranking
- The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
- 3 killed when small plane crashes in western North Carolina mountains, officials say
- 3 Columbia University officials lose posts over texts that ‘touched on ancient antisemitic tropes’
- Florida community mourns K-9 officer Archer: 'You got one last bad guy off the street'
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- At least 1 dead, records shattered as heat wave continues throughout U.S.
- MLB All-Star Game snubs: 10 players who deserve a spot in Midsummer Classic
- Touring a wasteland in Gaza
Recommendation
John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
MLB All-Star Game reserves, pitchers: Pirates' Paul Skenes makes history with selection
As Hurricane Beryl Surged Toward Texas, Scientists Found Human-Driven Warming Intensified Its Wind and Rain
Teen brothers die in suspected drownings in Maine
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Get an Extra 50% Off Good American Sale Styles, 70% Off Gap, Extra 70% Off J.Crew Sale Section & More
Florida teen bitten by a shark during a lifeguard training camp
MLB All-Star Game reserves, pitchers: Pirates' Paul Skenes makes history with selection
Tags
Like
- Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
- LeBron James re-signs with Lakers to make him and Bronny first father-son duo on same NBA team. But they aren't the only family members to play together.
- South Dakota Gov. Noem’s official social media accounts seem to disappear without explanation